The Vienna Biocenter Summer School is inviting applications for Summer Undergraduate Fellowships for talented students from around the world. The program, starts on the last Friday in June and finishes on the last Friday of August each year.
The program aims to attract talented students from around the world, creating a vibrant and diverse atmosphere.
The Vienna BioCenter is a leading life science location in Europe: a thriving campus that combines basic research institutes, universities and biotech companies. Four research institutes collaborate in creating an exceptional training environment, where students and junior researchers have all the necessary resources to conduct meaningful projects: there is virtually no experiment that cannot be done at the VBC.
This is a summer undergraduate fellowships program.
Field of Study:
It is the perfect preparation for those students who are interested in graduate study in the life sciences arena. Each fellow will be allocated a faculty member, with whom they will work closely. A diverse range of research projects are available in: Molecular biology, neuroscience, immunology, bioinformatics, RNA biology, stem cells, and biochemistry. The research project will focus on a current topic in the allocated lab. Supported by a member of the laboratory the scholar will be expected to perform experiments, analyse data, generate ideas, and discuss their results. In addition to practical laboratory work the scholar will also take part in lab meetings.
Scholars will be housed free of charge in student accommodation.
The complex features modern rooms that are internet enabled, fully furnished, and have a shared bathroom and kitchen.
- Free student accommodation
- Each student will be awarded a stipend of 1400 euros after tax for the nine-week programme
- Medical insurance is included in the contract for the nine weeks
- A free travel pass providing unlimited use of public transport within Vienna for the duration of the scholarship
- Reimbursement of travel costs to and from Vienna
- Numerous social events
Fellowships are available for students from around the world.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
We encourage applications from students (BA, Master, MSc) from all around the world who are undergraduates/master students, and have completed at least two years of university study
To apply you need to have the following:
- Completed at least 2 years of a University study (eg. 2/3 years of a Bachelor study or at least 1 year of a Master study – by 30 June)
- Some previous research experience
- Good academic record
- High level of English language
- Evidence of enrolment in a University programme for the current academic year and the next year (if possible)
English Language Requirements:
The program language is English throughout. Proficiency in English is therefore required. A formal proof of competence in English (IELTS, CPE or TOEFL) is recommended but not mandatory.
Applying procedure Instructions:
At the time of application letters of reference are not required. We may contact the supervisor(s) of shortlisted candidates.
All uploaded documents that are not in English or German should have a translation attached. The translation can be done by the applicant.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
January 31, 2019.