Applications are invited for Postdoctoral Position to study of the interplay between autophagy, cell death and inflammation. This position is available for international students.
VIB is a life sciences research institute in Flanders, Belgium. With more than 1470 scientists from over 60 countries, we perform basic research into the molecular foundations of life. VIB is an excellence-based entrepreneurial institute that focuses on translating basic scientific results into pharmaceutical, agricultural and industrial applications.
Field of Study:
Position is awarded to study of the interplay between autophagy, cell death and inflammation.
The position is partially funded by the Belgian Excellence of Science (EOS) program to perform research in the framework of the MODEL-IDI (MOlecular mechanisms of cellular DEath and Life decisions in Inflammation, Degeneration and Infection), a research consortium made of biologists, immunologists, chemists and physicians that aims at performing fundamental research on the biology of cell death modalities and their consequences on the onset/progression of diseases.
This position is available for international students
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- PhD degree in the fields of sciences, biomedical sciences, biotechnology and biochemistry, or bioengineering.
- Strong publication records.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong passion for life sciences.
- The candidate is expected to work both independently and in a team spirit.
- Experience in the study of RIPKs, cell death, inflammation, infection and/or autophagy is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of English (oral and written).
Applying procedure Instructions:
Please send us your CV, a 500 word (max.) personal statements and contact info of two references. Please compile these documents in one PDF document and submit your application online.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
Online Application: ◄–
Scholarship Link: ◄–
Open for applications.