The Italian Academy is happy to announce Postdoc research grants for the academic year 2019-20. Applications are encouraged from all countries.
The Department of Engineering and Architecture (DIA) is a community of people who, with different roles and skills, work in synergy to disseminate knowledge, experiment techniques, build ideas and projects to contribute to the transformations of our time and to raise the value of communities of reference.
Postdoctoral research programs.
Field of Study:
- The Italian Academy invites applications for:
- One Alexander Bodini Fellowship in Developmental and Adolescent Psychiatry
- One Alexander Bodini Fellowship in Transitions from Globalism to Nationalism and Populism
- Up to four Weinberg Fellowships in Architectural History and Preservation
- About 14 fellowships dedicated to the themes of cultural heritage and of migrations, and of humanities and neuroscience.
We offer A) a gross salary ranging from $4,500 to $7,000/month (you may pay tax on this; you must consult your accountant for advice); B) a travel allowance to cover the airfare to & from New York; C) a portion of health-insurance costs.
Applications are encouraged from all countries.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Normally Fellowships will be open to advanced scholars from the post doctoral to the full professorial level. (Candidates should expect to have their doctorates in hand no later than the summer after they apply.)
Applying procedure Instructions:
1) Prepare all material for your application (sample here).
2) Ask your referees to draft reference letters.
3) Fill out the application form (here).
4) Submit your application by December 3, 2018; a request with an upload link will then go to each referee.
5) Read the confirmation e-mail that will appear.
6) Track the delivery of your reference letters: log in here, and if any letter is marked “Pending,” you can double-check the referee’s e-mail address and then click on “Resend Request.”
(If your referee didn’t get the upload link via e-mail, s/he could  check spam/junk folders,  list “submittable.com” as an Approved/Safe Sender, or  send the letter directly to the Academy: ita-fellows-at-columbia.edu.)
7) Await decisions in spring 2019.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
December 3, 2018.