The educational bursary aims to attract outstanding international participants and support their masters or doctoral degree study in Japan.
The University of Tokyo is recommending the Japanese Government (MEXT) funding for new international students to get higher education at the Graduate School of Science.
The university has its five campuses in Hongo, Komaba, Kashiwa, Shirokane, and Nakano. It offers a variety of degree-level course and funding support to its applicants.
Established in 1877, the University of Tokyo is a public research university. It is the first imperial university and also recognized as one of Japan’s most prestigious universities.
Master’s and PhD degree program.
Field of Study:
Available for pursuing a masters or doctoral degree program within the departments of Physics, Astronomy, Earth & Planetary Science, Chemistry, Biological Sciences at the university.
The award will provide a monthly stipend (144,000 yen/month (for a student of a Master’s Program), or 145,000 yen/month (for a student of a Doctoral Program) (an additional monthly stipend of 2,000 or 3,000 yen may be added to those students undertaking study or research in some designated regions of the country), and also travel cost to Japan from Japan.
International students are eligible.
The eligibility criteria are as follows;
- Candidates must be born on or after April 2, 1985.
- You must apply for the field of study that they studied at their previous university or a related field.
- You must be physically and mentally healthy enough to pursue their studies.
- Must meet certain criteria set by MEXT with outstanding academic achievement.
Applying procedure Instructions:
The following application guidance is intended for candidates who wish to apply for the scholarships:
- The interested applicants are suggested to start their application process for a masters or doctoral degree program at the university and. After that, they submit their application form with some additional documents to the following contact details-
Room 278, 2nd floor, School of Science Building 1, Hongo Campus
7-3-1, Hongo, Bunkyo-Ku, Tokyo 113-0033 JAPAN
- Your application form must contain a study and research plan, letter of recommendation from ‘dean or above’, passport-type photo, an application form for your choice of program, official transcripts, language ability proof, an official statement of graduation, and a copy of the student’s passport.
- Successful participants must have university grade points* of 2.30 (out of 3.00) or above in their two most recent years of study and be expected to maintain the same academic standards during the course of the program program.
- The participants need to demonstrate the English language ability through the TOEFL or IELTS test.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
October 31, 2019