The University of Queensland is pleased to announce you a Free Online Course on Creating and Sustaining an Innovation Culture. This course will assist you to classify the organizational barriers to innovation and give you the tools to assess your innovation readiness.
In this 10 week course, Applicants will gain knowledge new skills, capabilities and strategies that will help you to drive innovation in your team or organization. This course will start on January 14, 2019.
Course At a Glance:
Length: 10 weeks
Effort: 8-10 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: University of Queensland
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $249USD
Session: Course Starts on January 14, 2019
Established in 1909, The University of Queensland is one of the public leading research and teaching institutions in Australia. The university offers associate, bachelor, master, doctoral and higher doctorate degrees through a college, a graduate school and six faculties.
About This Course:
This course will help you identify the organizational barriers to innovation and provide you with the tools to assess your innovation readiness. You will learn new skills, capabilities, and strategies that will help you to drive innovation in your team or organization. Through case studies and interactive exercises, you will develop skills in creating organizational cultures and structures that support innovation, build capacity and resources in your team and organization for innovation and examine your role as an innovation leader who empowers champions of innovation.
The course concludes by discussing the importance of ensuring that innovation is purposeful and that it creates economic and social value.
Week 1: Innovation capacity and capability:
Introduce the core concepts and explain how they are applied by exceptional organizations.
Week 2: Innovation enablers and barriers:
Evaluate the barriers to innovation and discuss how organizations can get ready to innovate.
Week 3: Building innovation capability in individuals:
Week 4: Institutional entrepreneurship:
Introduce the concept of institutional entrepreneurs and explore the skills and processes needed to create change in institutions.
Discuss how organizations can build lean and experimental approaches to their innovation architecture.
Week 6: Structuring for innovation:
Explore the different organizational structures and aspect of collaboration that support innovation processes.
Week 7: Culture as a strategic advantage:
Week 8: Leading creative, problem-solving teams:
Analyze the leadership styles needed to lead creative and problem-solving teams.
Week 9: Innovation leadership for a changing world:
Building the leadership capacity for connecting innovation with community well being.
Week 10: Vertical leadership development:
Understand the personal and social change required to lead innovation in complex environments.
- The components required to build innovation as a capability,
- How to set innovation strategy and build capacity and resources for innovation,
- Barriers to innovation/innovation readiness,
- How to manage organizational change resulting from innovation,
- Designing and managing organizational structures, cultures, and leadership for innovation,
- How to ensure innovation is value based.
Martie-Louise Verreynne is a Professor of Innovation at the University of Queensland Business School.
- English writing/reading proficiency (required).
- General knowledge of business processes (recommended).
How To Join This Course:
- Go to the course website link.
- Create an edX account to Sign Up.
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once the applicant signs up for a course and activates their account, click on the Log In button on the org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.).