The programs are open to both international and domestic students to undertake research in Australia. The aim of the PhD program is to foster the development of independent research skills.
The University of Queensland in partnering with Ecotourism Australia is pleased to offer PhD Positions for students to provide financial support for tuition fees, living costs and travel which enables you to focus on your research.
At University of Queensland, they assist financial support to over 1800 HDR students from an annual grant budget of almost $40 million from the Australian Government. Study with UQ gives students an excellent educational environment and opportunities at the national and international level.
The University of Queensland was established in 1909 by the state parliament and offers free research commercialization workshops to research candidates. It is a destination of choice for a growing community of internationally renowned scholars, scientists and research experts.
Phd degree program.
Field of Study:
The PhD program will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
The university will offer a living stipend of $27,596 per anum for this PhD award program. The program also includes tuition fees and, for successful international applicants, Overseas Student Health Cover.
Each winning applicants will work on one of the projects below:
- Project 1: Social licence
- Project 2: Over tourism
- Project 3: Sustainable places
- Project 4: Low carbon future
Australian Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents, New Zealand citizens and International students or domestic students are eligible to apply.
The eligibility criteria are as follows;
- The completed degree must be in an area that is relevant to the intended PhD, including sufficient specialization such that the applicant will have already developed an understanding and appreciation of a body of knowledge relevant to the intended PhD.
- The applicant’s degree and/or professional experience must demonstrate that the applicant’s knowledge of the discipline in which they plan to undertake their PhD is current.
Applying procedure Instructions:
The following application guidance is intended for candidates who wish to apply for the scholarships:
- Applicants can apply at any time for admission to research higher degree programs. Students are required to produce a thesis of no more than 80,000 words, with the research representing a significant new contribution to the discipline.
- Admission Requirements: To meet the Graduate School admissions requirements for a PhD, applicants must provide evidence of the following:
- Academic transcript.
- A bachelor’s degree with at least honors class IIA or equivalent from approved universities, which includes a relevant research component.
- A research master’s degree.
- A copy of your Passport.
- A coursework master’s degree and an overall GPA (grade point average) equivalent to 5.65 on the 7-point UQ scale, which includes a relevant research component.
- A postgraduate degree of at least one year full-time equivalent with an overall GPA (grade point average) equivalent to 5.0 on the 7-point UQ scale, together with demonstrated research experience equivalent to honors IIA will be considered for PhD entry on a case by case basis.
- A bachelor’s degree plus at least two years of documented relevant research experience, including research publications.
- Applicants with overseas qualifications should refer to the GPA equivalency table.
- English language proficiency requirements apply.
- Candidates must upload all documents as PDF files and use the naming convention – LAST-NAME_first-name_document-name.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
Scholarship Link: ◄–
October 9, 2019.