The UQGSS Higher Degree by Research (HDR) opportunity is open to all new and currently enrolled domestic and international students to gain a higher education in Australia.
The University of Queensland Graduate School is allowing applicants to apply for its UQ Graduate School Scholarships (UQGSS) program.
University of Queensland is ranking as one of the most reputable in the world. It offers a range of study option and provides a world-class experience for its students. It has a strong research focus in science, medicine and technology.
Founded in 1909, the University of Queensland is one of Australia’s leading universities. Through a college, a graduate school, and six faculties, University of Queensland provides many undergraduates, associate, master, PhD, and higher doctorate degrees.
Phd degree program.
Field of Study:
The program is available for Higher Degree by Research in all study areas.
- The UQ Graduate School will provide the HDR funding for 3 years with the possibility of two 6 month extensions in approved circumstances.
- Funding includes an annual living stipend (a stipend of $28,092 per annum tax-free 2020 rate), tuition, and an allowance for single overseas student health cover (OSHC).
Aspirants from all the nationalities are eligible to apply.
The eligibility criteria are as follows;
- Be nominated by an enrolling school or institute at University of Queensland.
- Be assessed by the Graduate School as meeting all conditions for admission to a higher degree by research program.
- Not be receiving a living allowance award, or scholarship providing a benefit greater than 75% of the RTP Scholarship living allowance rate to undertake the higher degree by research program.
Applying procedure Instructions:
The following application guidance is intended for candidates who wish to apply for the scholarships:
- There is no separate application required. To get this award opportunity, applicants need to apply for a higher degree by research at UQ.
- The following documents are required to support the application: Academic CV, Academic transcript, Award certificates/teamsters, Evidence of English language proficiency, a copy of Passport, and Contact details from two referees. All these must upload as PDF files using the naming convention – LAST-NAME_first name_document-name.
- Before applying, applicants need to check the entry requirements for UQ’s Higher Degrees by Research.
- Applicants are required to meet all UQ’s English language proficiency requirements.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
- For 2020, Round 1 – 29 Sep, 2019
- For 2020, Round 2 – 27 March, 2020
- For 2021, Round 1 – 7 Sep, 2020