This scholarship aims to promote a better understanding of Ireland and various complex relationships that link Ireland and the UK by facilitating advanced study by PhD students in modern Irish history.
The University of Edinburgh is proud to announce the Justin Arbuthnott PhD funding for the academic session 2020-2021. The grant is exclusively available for both domestic and international students.
the University of Edinburgh provides candidates with skills and knowledge to plan for their future career and successfully transition from student into professional. Here students can get advice on how to enter certain sectors and professions.
As the second most popular university in the UK, the University of Edinburgh is one of Scotland’s ancient universities. It is divided into three colleges, which collectively host 21 schools. It has the 14th highest average entry qualification for undergraduates among UK universities.
PhD degree program.
Field of Study:
The studentships are awarded to pursue a PhD degree program in Modern Irish History.
The sponsorship will have a value of £15,000 per annum payable for a maximum of three years, subject to satisfactory progress. Tuition fees at either the Home/EU or overseas rate as appropriate will be deducted from the Scholarship and the balance paid to you as a stipend.
Applications are accepted from around the world.
The eligibility criteria are as follows;
- The sponsorship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit.
- Candidates must have, or expect to obtain before commencing the PhD, a UK 2:1 honors degree in a relevant discipline and a relevant master’s degree with an overall mark of at least 65%, or the international equivalent.
Applying procedure Instructions:
The following application guidance is intended for candidates who wish to apply for the scholarships:
- For grasping the opportunity, students have to take admission in the PhD degree coursework at the university.
- Applicants must submit a degree certificate, research proposal, References, and CV.
- For being admitted, you need to meet entry requirements for each qualification you plan to study.
- If English is not your first language then you must submit a copy of a recent English language test certificate or provide details of when you are going to take the test. Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language requirements in order to be able to study at the university.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
May 1, 2020.