The UC Irvine award is the most prestigious and merit-based program open to freshmen has come from high school and who demonstrate a high level of academic achievement.
The UC Irvine Regents’ award is now available at the University of California, Irvine. UC Irvine has designed this program to reward, encourage, and assist students in pursuing academic excellence and leadership roles.
As one of the 10 campuses in the University of California (UC) system, UCI is a center for quality education. It is bounded to excellence through diversity and to the goal of reflecting diversity in its faculty, staff and student population.
The University of California, Irvine (UCI) was founded in 1965. It offers 222-degree programs as 87 undergraduate degrees and 129 graduate and professional degrees. Its strategic plan goes an ambitious path to reach new heights of excellence and social impact.
Undergraduate degree program.
Field of Study:
The sponsorship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
The prize money is established each year. The winner will also receive other benefits from the university such as class registration, a priority window, graduation library privileges, Regents’ Scholar notation on official transcripts and a proposal of guaranteed on-campus housing.
US citizen or eligible non-citizen, an international student with a valid visa are eligible for this bursary.
The eligibility criteria are as follows;
- Be incoming freshmen who demonstrate a high level of academic achievement as demonstrated by their high school GPA as reported on the admissions application, SAT (or ACT) scores, personal statements, and depth and breadth of the admissions application.
- Be a U.S. citizen, an eligible non-citizen, an international student with a valid visa or students qualifying under AB130 or AB131.
- Only students who fall under these categories are eligible for the Regents’ Scholarship.
Applying procedure Instructions:
The following application guidance is intended for candidates who wish to apply for the scholarships:
- To be considered for the Regents’ Scholarship, you must apply for fall admission by November 30. No additional materials are required nor considered in the selection process.
- Applicants must have required high school GPA, SAT (or ACT) scores, personal statements, and depth and breadth of the admissions application
- The grant is awarded based on the information gathered on the UC Application for Admission and Scholarships.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
November 1, 2019