The University for Foreigners of Siena is glad to provide a Free Online Course on Introduction to Italian. This course will support you to develop your listening and speaking skills by watching short videos which introduce sentences frequently used in spoken Italian as well as vocabulary and grammar patterns.
In this 10 week course, Candidates will develop the skills to interact in common conversational situations. You’ll learn how to introduce yourself, answer simple questions, ask for information, and talk about your interests, food, and clothes. This course will start on January 7, 2019.
Course At a Glance:
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 3 hours pw
Subject: Languages & Cultures
Institution: The University for Foreigners of Siena
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $44
Session: Course Starts on January 7, 2019
The University for Foreigners of Siena is a public university specialized in the teaching of Italian and other languages and in research on language and culture. The University is consulting the list of degree courses, master’s degree, master’s degree, research doctorates, graduate school, courses in Italian language and culture, certifications and professional modules.
- How to introduce yourself and/or oneself
- How to say your age, job, and nationality
- How to say information about your family
- How to ask for/give directions and to indicate something
- How to contact someone in different situations
- How to ask whether something else is needed
- How to apologize and to answer
- How to describe your habits and the place where you live
- How to propose a social activity
- How to discuss prices
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Develop skills in basic Italian for interacting in common communicative situations
- Engage in simple communication in Italian
- Develop the skills to understand and use everyday expressions in Italian
- Develop the skills to introduce oneself and others in Italian.
Andrea Villarini is a Professor of Modern Language Teaching at the University for Foreigners of Siena.
How To Join This Course:
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, the applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).