The Surrey University is offering a prestigious Surrey award for overseas fee paying Hospitality and Tourism Management undergraduate’s students. The Scholarship is available to International students.
It aimed at high achievers and recognizes academic excellence in your high school or equivalent leaving exams.
The University of Surrey is a public research university located in Guildford, Surrey, United Kingdom. The university specializes in science, engineering, medicine and business.
Scholarship is available to pursue the undergraduate program.
Field of Study:
Scholarship is awarded to study the following programs:
• International Event Management BSc (Hons)
• International Hospitality and Tourism Management BSc (Hons)
• International Hospitality Management BSc (Hons)
• International Tourism Management BSc (Hons)
£5,000 scholarship in the form of a tuition fee waiver in year 1.
Available to International students.
In order to be eligible for this scholarship student must:
• Be studying on one of the following programs:
1. International Event Management BSc (Hons)
2. International Hospitality and Tourism Management BSc (Hons)
3. International Hospitality Management BSc (Hons)
4. International Tourism Management BSc (Hons)
• Be an overseas fee-paying student (this scholarship is not available for students eligible for home/EU fees)
• Have studied and achieved grades of ABB at A-level (excluding Critical Thinking or General Studies), or an equivalent approved qualification
• Be an offer holder for a 2019/20, full-time undergraduate course in any subject at the University of Surrey
• Meet all the conditions of your offer and select Surrey as your firm choice by 20 July 2019
• You must not be in receipt of any other scholarship/sponsorship.
Equivalent qualification grade requirements
• A-level: ABB
• IB: 32.
• Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) with 544 in three subjects, excluding Chinese Language and Liberal Studies.
• Associate Degree, Higher Certificate or Higher Diploma with 2.9 overall.
• Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) with A-, B+, B+
• Matrikulasi (Matriculation Certificate) with CGPA 3.40
• Diploma with CGPA 3.00
• Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with B3 in five subjects (excluding Chinese and Malay).
• ICSE/CBSE/ISC exam boards: Standard XII with 75% overall
• West Bengal exam board: 65% overall
• State board 80%.
• Advanced Placement (AP): 544
• SAT: 1290 in SAT Reasoning and 650 in three SAT Subject Tests (each)
• AP/SAT: 650 in two SAT Subject Tests (each) and 54 in two AP subjects
• ACT: 28
• Associate Degree: GPA 3.2.
• Grade 12 Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) with 70% in six courses
• Grade 12 Senior Secondary Graduation Diploma (British Columbia) with B in four courses and C in one course
• All other Provinces 70% in 5 grade 12 courses.
• Lise Diplomasi with 70% in the final year.
• Senior Certificate (with matriculation endorsement) with ABBBB (76666).
International Foundation Year
International Foundation Year’s students may also be eligible for the Surrey Hospitality and Tourism Management Prestige Scholarship 2019 entry.
English Language Requirements: The following qualifications are accepted by the University as evidence that you meet our minimum level of competence in English:
1. GCSE English Language grade C (4), or above
2. Country equivalencies for GCSE English Language grade C (4) as defined on the Qualification Database
3. iGCSE English as a First Language grade C, Second Language grade B, in all four elements
4. International Baccalaureate English grade 4 at either standard or higher level where the IB meets the standard academic entry requirements
5. AS-level in English Language or English Literature
6. A-level in English Language or English Literature
7. European Baccalaureate English 6 (Language 1/2) or 7 (Language 3)
8. Successful completion of a University of Surrey pre-sessional English language course immediately preceding the main degree course
9. Pearson Test of English, taken within two years of the start of the course
10. IELTS Academic, taken within two years of the start of the course
11. TOEFL (ibt), taken within two years of the start of the course
12. Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English (ISE), taken within two years of the start of the course
13. Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English
14. Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English.
Applying procedure Instructions:
The University will identify eligible students based on nationality so there is no application form.
Students holding dual nationality are still eligible, if you have not been written to about this award please provide us with a scan of the appropriate passport to register your interest in the scheme.
All eligible offer holders that comply with the above-mentioned criteria will receive a notification of the award in September 2019.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
December 12, 2019.