The program is open to highly-qualified admitted students with the exceptional intellectual ability or a heart for service, and who have the plan to enroll at a full-time undergraduate study level at Stony Brook in the fall 2020 semester.
Stony Brook offers real-world learning and creates highly-employable graduates. It also provides exciting undergraduate research opportunities and a world of possibilities.
Established in 1957, Stony Brook University provides more than 200 academic programs and 140 graduate and professional programs. Currently, 4,436 international students from 103 countries are studying at this university.
Undergraduate degree program.
Field of Study:
The program is available for undergraduate study in any subject offered by the university.
Awardees will be offered an annual, renewable financial aid to cover 50% of their tuition (currently $12,370 per year).
Aspirants are welcome from around the world.
The eligibility criteria are as follows;
- Be a first-year, undergraduate international applicant to Stony Brook University for the fall 2020 semester.
- An international applicant is an individual who holds citizenship in a country outside the United States and who does not also possess US citizenship or permanent residency.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, interests and personal initiative in activities involving leadership, intercultural learning, and plans to apply these at Stony Brook University.
- You should apply as an international student if you: 1) Wish to study in the U.S. under a student (F-1) visa. Those with valid B-1 or B-2 visas must change their status to F-1, or 2).
- Currently hold an F-1, F-2, J-1, or J-2 visa.
Applying procedure Instructions:
The following application guidance is intended for candidates who wish to apply for the scholarships:
- To be considered for this award, applicants need to apply for admission to Stony Brook University in an eligible undergraduate program.
- Submit all required credentials includes a 500-1000 word essay or a two-to-five minute video (include link to video or e-mail it separately email@example.com) telling us about your leadership skills in your school or community, and how you plan to continue applying your leadership skills at Stony Brook University (transcripts and TOEFL/SAT scores) by February 1, 2020.
- Applicants must have required TOEFL/SAT scores to apply for a course at the university. If you are a freshman applicant, you must have completed the highest level of secondary education in your country of residence.
- All applicants must prove their English proficiency, even if you have attended high school in the United States. One of the following exams is required: TOEFL (Internet-based) – 80, IELTS – 6.5, ACT English – 19, SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (New Exam) – 480, and PTE Academic – 53.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
January 15, 2020.